Wednesday, February 10, 2016

"Who Made Thy Mouth?"

This week was kind of an odd week. We had most of our zone leave for their missions to Argentina, so we currently have a zone of 3 elders because Sister Lamb, Sister Karlen, and Elder Moon left for the Madrid MTC this week. We're going to get 10 new sisters and 5 new elders this week and we will have the responsibility of being zone leaders, even though we just got here 2 weeks ago. 

Spanish is coming along pretty well so far. The gift of tongues is real. We picked up 3 new investigators this week, and our lessons are coming along a lot better. 

I'm really not sure what else to write. It's almost like I've been a missionary my whole life and I don't remember anything about my life back home. But doing the Lord's work is awesome, I do know that much. So if you're on the fence about whether or not you want to serve a mission, do it, because you won't regret it. 

This week we had two devotionals one by the ultra talented musician Jenny Oaks Baker and Edward Dube, a member of the Quorum of the 70. Elder Dube shared a really touching story about when he was first set apart as a member of the 70 in 2013. A voice kept telling him he wasn't good enough. And that he was inadequate. And didn't belong. However, that voice is Satan, and should be ignored. Elder Dube remembered the story in Moses when he tells God that he is slow of speech and inadequate to lead his people. God tells him "Who made thy mouth? I will give thee words to speak, and power to lead."(This is definitely not cited correctly, but it's something like that.) How often does Satan tell us we aren't good enough, and how often do we accept it? I would challenge each of you to rely on the Lord and he will work miracles through each of you. 

Attached below are some photos. I know many of you are like me and prefer reading books with more pictures than actual words, so I will try to pattern my emails after that model. 
We got a lot of snow this week.

The district (without the sisters) in back of the Provo Temple

The district with the sisters in front of the Provo Temple.

Let It Snow!

Ball Is Life


The picture with us in front of the temple is definitely against the Missionary handbook, but our district president assigned the 3 of us to be companions (kind of) because Sister Lamb's companion left and they are still in the process of finding a new companion for her. I hope it happens soon. 

"The District" in class

2 comments:

  1. That room looks exactly like the room I learned Malagasy in, except for the giant TV. I'll have to ask him what it's used for.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brandon all the rooms in the MTC look the same. They just move their flags around depending on what language is taught there. :P I think the TVs are to watch ESPN when they're bored...

    ReplyDelete