Monday, February 6, 2017

Almost One Year--Casi 1 Año 😎

This email was sent January 23, 2017

We had a super great week here in Waller. I don't have a lot of time so I'll make this short. We ate pupusas ricas with a member in the Woodlands so it was worth it.

The Hernandez family got baptized on Wednesday and are very happy now.

As well, we have been working with the Escobedos and they live in the same house as the Contreras, an active family in the branch. The Contreras have a son named Ivan who didn't get baptized when his family did. But recently he told his parents he wants to be baptized, so we met with him and set a date for February 25th! He's the man. As well, Enrique and Deseret would like to be baptized on the same day, so it'll be another triple baptism!

Also, when we were out knocking doors a guy told us that he would shoot us if we didn't get off his property. So we got off his property.

Great things are happening here in Waller. So blessed to be a part of them. God is good. Jesus is the Christ.

Yep. I've been out almost a year. As for our plans (both Elder Wells and I came to the mission on the same day), we'll probably burn a shirt. So that should be fun.

The top 3 things I've learned on the mission can't really be explained in a short email. But I'll try:

1: Diligence: I've learned to avoid discouragement and never give up. Even if everything seems to be working against us, I've learned to keep going.

2: Patience: With companions, investigators, myself, members. I've learned a lot about patience.

3: Being bold: Helping people find a better way, even if they can't see it.


-Elder Barrus

No comments:

Post a Comment