Monday, February 6, 2017

No More Counting Steps on Sunday!

We had a very nice week. First and foremost, I would just like to give a shoutout to the church's missionary department. They came in clutch by changing the daily schedule and the key indicators. I feel like the Saints in the times of Jesus when he announced that the Mosaic Law was no longer necessary. No more counting steps on Sunday

In other news, I received a phone call from our beloved vehicle coordinator Elder Taylor today informing me that I ran a red light in Tomball and the traffic light took a picture of it and now I owe $75 to the state of Texas. ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿค ๐Ÿ™ƒ

This week we gave service to 2 members whose wives left them unexpectedly recently. That was really hard because they are great men whom I admire dearly. But they were appreciative when we helped them move. It just reminded me more and more about my role of "Lifting up the arms that hang hopelessly down." There are many in this world who need that kind of support. Our job is to help them understand that the Atonement of Jesus Christ is the answer to all of their trials. 

Also, we finally were able to get in with Ivan. He is a good kid, but he expressed a concern to us about how he still wants to get more tattoos before he gets baptized. He told us to give him 2 months. We lovingly shared John 3:5 and explained that Jesus said that in order to go to heaven, we must be baptized and that there is no reason to put this off unnecessarily because we don't know how much longer God will give us. We are taking a member with us on Thursday who has had a similar past as him growing up who can help him see how much better his life will be if he completely leaves Babylon and comes to Zion. 

Exchanges with Elder Blackford
 Also, on Friday I went on an exchange with Elder Blackford. Seriously love that man. He's always so positive and ready to give it his all in missionary work. 

It is really hard to believe that I have less than a year left on the mission. I am striving to be my very best, because I know that this next little bit will go by quickly. I have really come to love the mission. It is the greatest thing that has ever happened to me and I am excited to be a solid member missionary for the rest of my life in order to do my part in building God's kingdom here on the earth. Anyways, I love y'all. Be good, wherever you are. ❤

ร‰lder Barrus
THM (Texas Houston Mission)
In Front of a Huge RV

No comments:

Post a Comment