Monday, May 15, 2017

Tomball!

So on Tuesday I drove out to Tomball to unpack my bags in my new area, Oakcrest. It's a really big area. We cover Magnolia, Tomball, parts of Cypress, and parts of Houston. I think we have a bunch of English missionaries that are serving within the boundaries of our area. So maybe what we can do is have them knock doors for us and wait to receive the referrals they send us. We won't do that but it's always an option. ;)

My new companion is Elder Wyman from Cedar Hills, Utah. He actually knows Elder Wells from when they went to Lone Peak High School. He just got done being trained by my Peruvian homie Elder Miranda and now I get to greenie break him and polish him up a little bit. He's a really hard worker so it's definitely something we can work with.

This week was spent getting my feet underneath of me and cleaning out the area book a little bit. We had a baptism on Sunday for someone named Daniela. She was very prepared and said she felt so much peace during the service. As well we have been teaching a 16 year old young woman named Kate whose father was recently reactivated. She has progressed really well and really wants to do all that God would have her do. She will get baptized by her dad this Saturday.

Anyways, it was good to Skype with the family yesterday, everyone looks good and hard to believe that I'll only have one more of these Skype/FaceTime calls the rest of my mission. As well with it being Mother's Day yesterday I have to give a shout out to my mother. She's great. She's right up there with La Virgen Maria and Mother Teresa for greatest women of all time.

Elder Barrus
THM
Daniela's Baptism

No comments:

Post a Comment